A 3-day, immersive workshop designed to introduce educators from all disciplines to design thinking tools and methods they can use to create and facilitate powerful and equitable learning experiences for their students.
Working individually and in small teams, participants will develop a solution idea for a specific, community-connected challenge to gain knowledge, skills, and experience with design thinking. They will also explore available resources, join topic-specific “table talks,” and develop a plan of action they can bring back to their home school for immediate benefit.
Designed for educators new to design thinking, this workshop provides the opportunity to:
- Learn the principles, methods, and mindsets of design thinking and Deeper Learning By Doing®
- Collaborate on a deep dive design challenge that includes fieldwork in the community
- Explore ways to build design thinking and Deeper Learning by Doing® into classroom or school activities and extended projects
- Engage one-on-one with HFLI’s expert coaches to develop challenge-as-opportunity lessons and project plans for students or colleagues
- Gain access to HFLI’s comprehensive set of ready-to-use curricula and resources
- Build connections with like-minded educators committed to providing equitable learning opportunities for all students and educators
- Earn an HFLI Design Thinking Level 2 Certification (optional, additional $45)