Transformational and actionable. Is it jargon? A couple of flowery adjectives?
Not at all! HFLI has defined criteria that foundations, nonprofits, entrepreneurial individuals and teams should drive toward on the road to social impact.
- address a root cause of an intractable problem
- empower people to address future challenges more effectively
- activate a shift in existing culture and behavior to create change
ACTIONABLE PROJECTS ARE:
- planned: budget, timeline, next steps
- viable: context is conducive to the idea
- feasible: physically possible to do
HOW DO WE GET THERE?
HFLI’s Social Innovation Studio is a facilitated experience that features activities and tools grounded in human-centered design, a non-judgmental, collaborative culture, and skilled, empathetic coaches. HFLI’s three process-based Social Innovation Studio configurations support social impact projects in various states of development and readiness. Participants enter the Studio experience with a desire for impact, a pressing question, or an area of interest. Through an intentional blend of process, culture, and team, they emerge with:
- a refined social project that is both transformational and actionable
- capacity and confidence to be a collaborative social innovator
Sponsor a Studio for your social impact ecosystem. Empower people like L’Nard Tufts, whose social impact team at Ford had a promising, but underdeveloped solution to address lack of access to essential personal care items for the homeless. Following an immersive HFLI Studio experience, their refined mobility project Ford Mo/Ve Community Vending won $250,000 from the Bill Ford Better World Challenge to make it a reality.
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.