School LocationHenry Ford Academy: Elementary School - Detroit, MI - hfaelementary.org
The Title I paraprofessional works under the direction of one or more teachers to provide supplementary instruction to
Title I identified students
- Provide supplementary instruction to academically struggling students under the direction of the studio teacher or Title I teacher
- Maintain required records to track student progress
- Support student success and the culture of the school by implementing specific behavior support and management practices
- Participate in all staff meetings and training sessions
- Take part in all-school activities
- Meet all obligations as set out in the HFA Staff Handbook
- Have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education [defined as completion of 48 semester hours (or equivalent trimester hours) of college coursework or an applicable number of semester hours as defined by the institution of higher education attended, whichever is less; or
- Have obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; or
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment – Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
- Have demonstrated ability to work effectively under the direction of others
- Have willingness to assume any!responsibilities appropriate for the position
- Behave and speak in professional manner
- An evident commitment to holding all students to high expectations for academic and personal success
- Significant experience working with urban children and their families
- Candidates should be comfortable operating in a flexible, self-directed and fast-paced work environment
To apply for this position, please complete our online application at http://creativeurbaneducationinc.gethired.com. Please combine all references, resumes, and teacher certificates into one file for upload during application.
Creative Urban Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.