School LocationHenry Ford Academy: Elementary School - Detroit, MI - hfaelementary.org
The special education paraprofessional works under the direction of one or more teachers to provide behavioral and academic support to a student within the general education setting.
- Provide behavioral and academic support based on student Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Maintain daily documentation logs and records updating student progress
- Provide supplementary instruction under the direction and guidance of the general and special education teacher
- Support student success and the culture of the school by implementing specific behavior support and management practices
- Meet all obligations as set out in the HFA Staff Handbook
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience working with students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or students in the special education setting. Experience with behavior tracking systems of support
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education [defined as completion of 48 semester hours (or equivalent trimester hours) of college coursework or an applicable number of semester hours as defined by the institution of higher education attended, whichever is less; or Have obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; or Have met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment – Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
- Have demonstrated ability to work effectively under the direction of others
- Have willingness to assume anyresponsibilities appropriate for the position
- Behave and speak in professional manner
- An evident commitment to holding all students to high expectations for academic and personal success
- Significant experience working with urban children and their families
- Candidates should be comfortable operating in a flexible, self-directed and fast-paced work environment
Creative Urban Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.
To apply for this position, please visit http://creativeurbaneducationinc.gethired.com to complete the online application. Please combine all references, resumes, and other documents such as certificates, transcripts into one file for upload during application.