School LocationHenry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies K-12 District - Detroit, MI - hfascs.org
Are you invested in creating the conditions for educators to do their work effectively and positively impact the education of Detroit’s young people?
Are you skilled in addressing the unique opportunities and challenges that come with managing facilities and operations functions in school settings?
Are you excited to work as part of a high-performing collaborative team?
Every day, educators work hard to deliver on ambitious outcomes for their students. Equally, committed non-educators who work in and with schools strive to provide the conditions which best enable this effort to succeed. Effective management of school facilities and operations is a key lever in this endeavor.
We’re on the lookout for a highly skilled, energetic and committed colleague who seeks to join an organization focused on promoting high quality learning opportunities for our students and an outstanding work experience for our staff. We’re passionate about building and maintaining a high performing team to develop support the achievement of game-changing results – for our students, their families, and the community at large.
Become part of our team and help make a difference.
Henry Ford Learning Institute (hfli.org) is an innovative non-profit that serves communities as a dynamic, collaborative organization with a powerful commitment to redesign how we learn. To that end, HFLI creates high performing small schools and authentic learning programs, engaging a wide range of community partners to prepare learners to succeed in college, pursue a career of choice and address challenges with innovative thinking.
As a member of the Finance and Operations Team, our School Facilities/Operations Coordinator is a highly skilled professional who will work closely with the Senior Director of Finance and Administration to manage, maintain and support high quality school facilities and business operations, directly contributing to high impact learning environments for teachers and students in the Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies District.
• School Operations – manage and ensure effective implementation of the federally funded School Lunch program; manage vendor contracts; schedule transportation for field study and athletic events; participate in the school’s annual budget development process; support school leaders in meeting expectations for appropriate school operations.
• Facilities Management – oversee the management and operations of facilities; manage inventory of furniture and facilities’ embedded equipment and review annually for repair and/or replacement needs; manage vendor contracts for facilities services; ensure state/federal requirements for safety/emergency plans and drills are met; nurture and maintain landlord/tenant relationships; work with anchor partners to collaboratively resolve issues related to scheduling, maintenance and use of facilities.
• Purchasing – Verify purchase requisition; prepare purchase orders; execute purchase orders with suppliers; monitor and expedite orders as necessary; confirm receipt of orders; authorize payment for purchases by forwarding documentation of receipt.
Our next team member must have
– Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or significant relevant experience
– 3-5 years of experience in school facilities/operations position
– Entrepreneurial mindset, strong leadership skills and a desire to support the vision and mission of HFLI and Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies
– Willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the operational and implementation needs of the schools are met
Our next team member should demonstrate
– Ability to communicate clearly and perform at a high level under pressure
– Ability to work efficiently both as a team member and as a leader
– Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office is essential) and Accufund
– Experience using Michigan Department of Education databases and reporting systems
Reports to HFLI Senior Director, Finance and Administration
To apply for this position, please complete the application below or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the job ID and job title in the subject line of your email. Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Henry Ford Learning Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.