School LocationHenry Ford Learning Institute - Dearborn / Detroit MI - hfli.org
Have you developed strong design skills and hold an affinity for teaching others?
Are you eager to build others’ capacity to respond effectively to current and future challenges?
Do you cringe every time you enter a learning experience (in person or online) only to find the instructor intends to “stand and deliver”?
HFLI’s Learning Experience Designer is a creative thinker, connector, coach and collaborator who will help guide and execute the strategic growth of our learning programs and continue the development of unique resources and experiences that help learners to think creatively, work collaboratively with others, and implement innovations.
You will have the opportunity to design and facilitate single and multi-session learning experiences that are human-centered, goal-directed, and focused on intended outcomes. And, you will be challenged every day because we work on the leading edge, providing learning opportunities that enable purpose-driven organizations to address their specific impact challenges.
Henry Ford Learning Institute (hfli.org) is a dynamic, financially-responsible nonprofit that is redesigning how we learn and lead. We work collaboratively with nonprofits, corporate social responsibility programs, and K-20 educational institutions to provide professional development programs that focus on creating social good, such as empowered leaders of color, more innovative schools, deeper student learning, and stronger communities.
Every HFLI learning experience is grounded in optimism, research, experience, and legacy to include:
- Deeper Learning by Design™, an instructional approach that is immersive, hands-on, real-world;
- Design Thinking as the underlying methodology for transformational impact;
- Intentional DEI lens embedded in program design, reflected in touch points;
- Differentiation of delivery to reflect effective practices for online, blended or in-person learning;
- Applied empathy and knowledge of the needs of adult learners in the workplace or young people in formal learning settings; and,
- Intent to maximize engagement through sustained relationships, individual growth and actionable outcomes.
ABOUT THE POSITION – LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
Our new team member’s five big areas of work are:
Impact. Strengthen the framework and strategy by which HFLI embeds its distinctive approach into learning experiences that enable participants to collaboratively develop and implement Transformational and Actionable™ plans for social good;
Create. Further develop and curate tools, materials and strategies for effective program implementation, both online and in-person;
Connect. Mobilize diverse collaborators to grow and deepen HFLI’s role and impact in the social impact sector;
Develop. Design and provide immersive learning experiences for nonprofits, corporate social responsibility programs, and K-20 educational institutions; work with partners and coordinate resources for highly effective projects; and,
Amplify. Expand HFLI’s national presence related to distinctive learning approach projects for social good.
Our new team member must have:
- 3-5 years of experience in designing, developing and facilitating learning experiences that use Design Thinking and other tools and methods from design, along with strong and visible evidence of a Design Thinking mindset
- Demonstrated expertise for providing professional development/learning experiences attuned to the needs of adult learners and professional contexts;
- Evident enthusiasm for working with learners from a wide range of sectors, diverse age groups and varied cultural, economic and social backgrounds; and,
- Experience with using graphic design software, workplace technology tools and social media channels to engage with and promote collaboration with colleagues, partners and clients.
Our next team member should demonstrate:
- Deep personal humility coupled with a readily available sense of humor;
- Strategic thinking, ability to see opportunity among constraints of traditional educational and non-profit systems, settings and mindsets;
- Vision to uncover opportunities when others see only challenge or obstacle;
- Insight into and empathy for non-profit leaders and educators, their intrinsic and extrinsic challenges and rewards;
- Evident commitment to pursue equity in our communities and deliver experiences that leverage inclusive design;
- Developed skill in managing multiple teams of learners toward positive outcomes and to “work the room”;
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, perform at a high level under pressure, and work efficiently as both a team member and as an individual;
- Effective planning and organizational skills, ability to incorporate needs of others into planning up front and throughout;
- Enthusiasm for doing whatever it takes to ensure the highest quality program implementation for HFLI, Henry Ford Academies and our partners, communities and clients;
- Willingness to share french fries with teammates (in a safe way, of course!);
- Desire to support the vision and mission of HFLI and HFAs;
- Ability and desire to travel as needed.
Executive Director, HFLI
Salary range: $62,000-78,000 (commensurate with skills and experience)
Competitive benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance, to be detailed during selection process.
Please provide us with your essential information (resume, desired compensation, other mainstream documents). It’s critical that you also provide an artifact that best communicates the essence of what you will bring to our future partnership for making the world a better place for all of us. Surprise and delight us – we know you can.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.
Henry Ford Learning Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.