School LocationHenry Ford Academy: Elementary School - Detroit, MI - hfaelementary.org
The Assistant Principal assists the Principal with administrative and instructional functions to meet the educational needs of the students and carry out the mission and goals of the school system. The Assistant Principal serves as a member of the Leadership Team of the school and as such is responsible for supporting the implementation of all school wide programs and practices.
- Implements policies, procedures, and/or processes for the purpose of meeting school improvement goals and objectives and/or ensuring that state and federal mandates are achieved
- Assists the Principal in providing leadership to the School Improvement Team to ensure that strong plans are created, implementation of plans are monitored, necessary supports are provided and results are widely shared with staff and community
- Assists the Principal in the transformation of the school culture into a results-oriented collaborative learning community
- Manages disciplinary processes and work with the School Culture Interventionist to ensure a safe, culturally relevant and productive learning environment
- Facilitates communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts
- Assists with maintenance of a school-wide climate and organization that promotes learning (high expectations, cooperation, support, positive attitude)
- Manages the monitoring of student attendance and implementation of the attendance intervention policy
Testing and Management of Data Processes:
- Manages all standardized testing in accordance with state and authorizer regulations
- Facilitates the analysis and utilization of all summative, formative and common assessment data for the improvement of curriculum and instructional practice
- Produces data displays to analyze student learning progress and drive programmatic and instructional planning processes
MUST have a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership (or other job-related area of Education) as well as a valid Administrative Certificate from the State of Michigan. Experience working in an elementary setting and prior leadership experience are critical. This position requires substantial expertise in urban education, including a proven record of effective collaboration with colleagues and accomplishment of goals and objectives. A strong commitment to holding all students to high expectations for academic and personal success is also a must.
Experience in urban elementary schools that face instructional and material challenges is critical as is expertise in working with families with significant needs. Candidates must be comfortable with collaborative decision-making and leadership as well as operating in a flexible, self- directed and fast-paced work environment. Experience in an entrepreneurial educational environment is highly desired.
HFA: Elementary School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.
To apply for this position, please visit http://creativeurbaneducationinc.gethired.com to complete the online application.