School LocationHenry Ford Academy: Elementary School - Detroit, MI - hfaelementary.org
|Our Building-Based Substitute Teachers work under the direction of the Building Principal or his/her designee to replace a regularly appointed teacher in his/her absence. The substitute teacher is expected to provide as closely as possible the same successful instructional and learning environment that would exist if the regularly appointed teacher were in attendance. The substitute teacher is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the regularly appointed teacher for whom he/she is substituting. This is a full-time position. On days when no teacher requires a substitute, the Substitute Teacher will be assigned to assist in learning studios.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be eligible to meet the requirements of State of Michigan Substitute permit (B.A. or at least 90 semester hours of satisfactory credit (grade C or better) at a four year institution of higher education
- Have demonstrated ability to work effectively under the direction of others
- Have willingness to assume any responsibilities appropriate for the position
- Behave and speak in professional manner
- An evident commitment to holding all students to high expectations for academic and personal success
- Significant experience working with urban children and their families
- Candidates should be comfortable operating in a flexible, self-directed and fast-paced work environment
To apply for this position, please complete our online application at http://creativeurbaneducationinc.gethired.com. Please combine all references, resumes, and teacher certificates into one file for upload during application.
Creative Urban Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.