School LocationHenry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies - Detroit, MI – hfascs.org
The job of the English Language Arts (ELA) coach was established for the purpose of assisting classroom teachers and other instructional staff to develop strategies, skills, tools, techniques, and capacity to effectively teach ELA to all students.
Reports to: Dean of Instruction and Coaching
- Assesses skills and needs of teachers and students for the purpose of determining the kinds of professional development and strategies needed to bring about student achievement and gains.
- Facilitates English Language Arts team in data analysis and instructional planning meetings to ensure tight link between data findings and instructional plans
- Leads and participates in on-going and job-embedded professional development (meetings, workshops, trainings, and/or seminars) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to ELA content knowledge, pedagogy, and coaching.
- Mentors and coaches middle and high school teachers for the purpose of building capacity to teach and improving ELA instruction.
- Works with middle and high school teachers on the implementation of the approved school curriculum
- Prepares unit and lesson plans, in collaboration with teachers, related to ELA at the middle and high school level for the purposes of differentiating instruction and adhering to the scope and sequence guides of the approved school curriculum.
- Researches and prepares a variety of written and electronic materials (e.g. lesson plans, scope and sequence guides, classroom materials, reports, etc) for the purpose of demonstrating best practices in ELA instruction, documenting activities, providing written feedback to teachers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by principal or Dean of Instruction and Coaching for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the job of ELA coach.
- Researches and provides content knowledge and resources to staff about learning and teaching ELA-including teaching assessment strategies and support of teacher development of ELA skills daily coaching sessions with teachers and provide individual discussions on instructional strategies (formal and informal) with teachers weekly.
- Demonstrates lessons with pre-and post discussions/analysis practice and promote literacy (in all the content areas)
Bachelor degree in middle school/high school English Language Arts
MUST be a certified ELA teacher in the State of Michigan
Minimum 3-5 years of ELA teaching experience
Proven results in high student outcomes in ELA.
- Required to perform advanced ELA tasks, read technical information, compose a variety of documents and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze data to define gaps and draw conclusions.Creative Urban Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.
- To apply for this position, please visit http://creativeurbaneducation.gethired.com to complete the online application and submit your resume for consideration