A 3-day, immersive workshop designed to guide educators on their journey to develop and sustain equitable environments that accelerate student learning in their own classroom or school.
Bringing together tools and methods from design thinking, high leverage instructional practices and culturally responsive principles, HFLI facilitators will engage participants in reflective moments, small and large group discussions of equity-connected issues, participatory activities that provide time to explore and experience different resources and strategies, and structured studio time for implementation planning.
Developed for educators committed to deepening their approach to an equity-based learning community, this workshop provides the opportunity to:
- Develop a working understanding of what culture is, how that understanding differs by person and what we mean by “culturally responsive”
- Explore one’s own implicit biases and consider how they impact one’s actions and decisions
- Experience researched-based, culturally responsive practices that leverage tools and methods from Deeper Learning By Doing®
- Reflect on one’s own practice and consider how to strengthen their own culturally responsive approach to learning, teaching and leading
- Engage with HFLI’s facilitators and other participants to develop a personal action plan to bring transformational and actionable change in their learning community
- Gain access to HFLI’s comprehensive set of ready-to-use curricula and resources
- Build connections with like-minded educators committed to providing equitable learning opportunities for all students and educators